The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly BIF
The Man With No Name walks into the saloon, spurs going "ka-chink, ka-chink." He looks around at a group of some of the best traders this side of the Mississippi. And on the other side for that matter. He squints his eyes and lights a cigar.
"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friends: Those who drink good beer and those who drink ugly beer," he announces to the room.
It's The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly BIF. This is supposed to be a small but fun BIF. 3 beer minimum with the idea that in order to appreciate really good beer, every once in a while you need to try some really ugly beer to keep things in perspective.
The Good: a high quality beer, preferably from your receiver's wants
The Bad: Wild card beer. Could be bad as in "bad ass" or just plain bad.
The Ugly: something you would only drink on a dare. The rule is you can't send an ugly unless you have reviewed it yourself, and no repeats. It would be no fun to have Bud Light go around and round. And who knows. Someone's Ugly may be another person's Good.
39 Traders With No Name have agreed to join up with this invite only BIF. We have a great group of cowboys, gunslingers, cattle rustlers, hombres, rodeo clowns, and even a few Mounties joining us on this wagon train.
updated aug 14/08:
We now have two legs to this BIF, pardners! It's a race to see who can find the treasure of the Ugliest beer
Same rules still apply, no repeats on the ugly. So be aware of who has possession. When you get a shipment you get to choose who is next on your team. beermail me if you have any questions on who to send to.
Remember, the whole point is to have a journey of appreciation. To better appreciate the Good, we have to experience the Ugly
updated oct 23/08:
And then there were Three...
Team Angel Eyes has arrived. In the movie, Angel Eyes really didn't become active until about a third of the way in.
Team Angel Eyes:
||sent this BA
- the good:
- Blvd Double Wide IPA (Want)
- the bad-ass:
- the bad:
- Left Hand Jackman's American Pale Ale
- the ugly:
- the scary ugly:
- the good:
- Founders Breakfast Stout
- Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout
- the badass:
- the ugly:
Wall O' Shame:
- Team Blondie, bort11 to grub: Blue Dawg Brewing Wild Blue
- Team Blondie, grub to Lum: Steelback Silver
- Team Tuco, bort11 to Scoobydank: Weston Brewing O'Malleys Sunryes
- Team Tuco, Scoobydank to TexIndy: Bud Chelada
- Team Blondie, Lum to Oxymoron: Coors Light
- Team Blondie, Oxymoron to unclejedi: Cave Creek Chili Beer
- Team Tuco, TexIndy to deepsouth: Lone Star
- Team Blondie, unclejedi to Ding: Tequiza
- Team Tuco, deepsouth to hwwty4: Hurricane High Gravity
- Team Blondie, Ding to DrJay: 33 Export
- Team Tuco, hwwty4 to dyan: JW Lees Moonraker
- Team Blondie, DrJay to hero27: Weyerbacher Twelve
- Team Tuco, dyan to Beerbuddha: Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry
- Team Blondie, hero27 to Sudsdog: Sapporo
- Team Blondie, Sudsdog to SaCkErZ9: Seriously Bad Elf
- Team Tuco, Beerbuddha to leftmindedrighty: Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss
- Team Blondie, SaCkErZ9 to RedChrome: Copper Mountain Four O (Street Legal) Malt Liquor
- Team Angel Eyes, bort11 to SkinnyElvis: Sol
- Team Tuco, leftmindedrighty to tayner: Mamma Mia Pizza Beer
- Team Tuco, tayner to hoppymeal: Mickey's Malt Liquor
- Team Tuco, hoppymeal to Faro: Grand Rapids Imperial Stout
- Team Angel Eyes, SkinnyElvis to julian: Weyerbacher Eleven
- Team Tuco, Faro to stewdawg: Leinie's Summer Shandy
- Team Tuco, stewdawg to RustyDiamond: Miller Lite
- Team Tuco, RustyDiamond to bditty187: Woodchuck Granny Smith Apple
- Team Tuco, bditty187 to gpcollen1: Melanie Brewing Evil Eye
- Team Blondie, RedChrome to czoch75: Schmidt Ice
- Team Tuco, gpcollen1 to DarkerTheBetter: 40oz Haffenreffer Private Stock
- Team Blondie, czoch75 to Solomon420: ?
- Team Tuco, DarkerTheBetter to limesmut: Fischer Tradition Amber
- Team Tuco, limesmut to Zorro: ?
- Team Tuco, Zorro to Vermonthiker: Efes Pilsner
- Team Tuco, Vermonthiker to Imstillthegman: Saranac Bock
- Team Tuco, Imstillthegman to bort11: Bahia
- Team Blonde, Solomon420 to jwc215: ?
- Team Blonde, jwc215 to Viggo: ?
- Team Blonde, Viggo to bort11: Labatt Signature Porter
webpage questions/problems/corrections? email grub